So don’t get me wrong, I won’t normally turn down a cookie or a slice of cake with a cup of coffee for a snack. And in the evening I do love ice cream for dessert. But even so, it is always good to have these bites in the freezer or fridge as they tend to curb my otherwise VERY sweet tooth. They are super easy to mix up and what’s really great about them as well is that you can roll then in coconut, cinnamon, and dip them in chocolate for a little extra something. Or to switch things up a a little more you can also add chocolate chips or dried fruit to the mix too. Enjoy! x
BANANA OAT ENERGY BITES
– 2 ripe bananas, if you’re not a banana fan you can substitute the banana for 200g of dates.
– 180g cup of rolled oats
– 65g of your favourite nut butter
– 85g honey
- Mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl. If using dates you will need to use a food processor to break them down, then add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in the rolled oats, almond butter and honey.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, allowing the oats enough time to soften.
- Store the energy bites in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months…but they won’t last that long!